How to Install and Use Photoshop BrushesJun 1, 2008
1. Download your brush file (.abr file). Place the file in this folder:
PC: Program files > Adobe > Photoshop > Presets > Brushes
Mac: Applications > Adobe Photoshop > Presets > Brushes
2. In Photoshop, select the Brush Tool in the Toolbox.
(Or press “B” on your keyboard.)
3. Open the Brushes Palette. (Window > Brushes).
Click on the small button on the top right of the palette. (See arrow below.)
Select “Load Brushes…”
4. This opens the Brush Preset window, where you just saved your .abr file.
Select the file and press “Load”.
5. In the Brushes Palette, scroll to the bottom of the small black thumbnails,
where you will find the newly uploaded brush or set of brushes.
Select a brush and create your own brush strokes!