Archive for the ‘Creative’ Category
Free Christmas Cards!Nov 7, 2008
Painting using the Waxy Pencil BrushOct 24, 2008
Sugary (Illustration Friday)Oct 6, 2008
This week’s subject for Illustration Friday is “Sugary”. My illustration has led me to sculpt with sugar: I designed these clowns for the end-of-year party at my husband’s nursery school. The party had a circus theme, and each of the 40 kids received a sugar clown. These three seem to be happiest and the sweetest, so I’ve chosen them to represent this week’s Sugary theme.
Sugar decoration can be a plain art of the kitchen, or a springboard to a creative and yummy art!
Tutorial and Free Blossom BrushesOct 5, 2008
I just created a new brush set of blossoms today. Below is a tutorial on how to create this autumnal background paper.
1. Create a new photoshop document, 8×8″ or 12 x 12″.
2. Select a light color and one of the scatter brushes from the brush set.
Paint across the entire area of the page.
3. Create a new layer and with the same scatter brush, paint lightly across it with a darker color.
4. To make a more ephemeral effect, give the second layer an “Inner Glow” layer effect, using a light color.
5. Flatten your image, save the file and ENJOY!